Sunday, September 19, 2010

Charter School

After a fun and busy Labor day weekend, Hunter started classes at the Big Sur Charter School. I had a lot of fun making this day as special as possible for Hunter. I have very fond memories of my first days of school growing up. Shopping with mom for new supplies, new outfit, new backpack, and dad going in late to work so he had time to make us waffles :o)
~
Fortunately, Justin had the day off as part of the long weekend, so we started the day off together with blueberry muffins and some sausage
~
The annual front door picture
~
Is he a handsome kindergartner or what??
~
Cubby!
~
Hunter, with his first ever homework assignment - and 'all about me' poster that he had to present to the class!

~
After we dropped Hunter off, Morgan, Justin, and I headed to the Paris bakery for breakfast part 2, and coffee
~
Four hours later, it was time to pick Hunter up. He was super excited, and said he had a great time. To celebrate, we went out to Baskin Robbins for a treat
~
We are two weeks into this charter school thing, and I'm still trying to decide what I think. Hunter really enjoys it, has made some friends, and seems to be benefiting from the time he spends there, so we'll stick it out for now. Tomorrow we are taking a field trip to a local apple orchard, so that should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment